Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Meatless Munchies - Baked Wontons!

Ok, these were wonderful! I made two batches - one sweet (teriyaki) and one spicy. You can use what you have on hand but I happened to have on hand fresh ginger, mushrooms, snow peas, green onions, garlic, carrots.
Dice everything and separate into two equal batches. In one skillet I simmered those ingredients in a cup and a half of vegetable broth. In the other I did the same but added 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 tea of salt, 1/4 tea of pepper, one hot dried chili crushed including seeds and 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce. Just keep boiling down both dueling skillets until the liquid is reduced until almost gone. When the sweet side was almost done I added three TBs of soy sauce and 2 TBs of brown sugar. On the spicy, just keep cooking until liquid is almost gone. Put spoonfuls onto wonton skins, put on cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 12 minutes. On the spicy, I then drizzled some sriracha pepper sauce. An Asian pair was sweet and helped to balance the spicy hot. They were yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment